Null Island

I have this strange feeling sometimes, dear,
I'd tell you a little about it
If you had a moment to spare.

You nod me ahead. So here we go...
At times you know,
I feel like I have never moved an inch,
In my whole life.

That I have been the static center,
Of the whole world.
I am the 0,0,0 on the three dimensional map.
And when I step forward,
It is only the world that is stepping backward.
While I remain. In my null island.

I see the roads, the leaves, the people,
All rushing towards me,
Going through me,
To another distant place.
While I remain. In my null island.

Taking "time" as the fourth dimension,
My consciousness feels like,
It has been the static platform,
Over which the 4th dimension runs.
Again, I am at 0,0,0,0.
With all of history, and all of future,
Flowing through me.
While I remain. At my null island.

I don't feel weak by this thought though
My love.
Do not worry about that.
Admitting to being stagnant was something I needed
Very much for myself.

Now I can beckon the skies towards me.
Tap the land and it spreads.
I feel larger than ever before.
Enhancing the good in the world.
One iota at a time.

And I know now, my dear,
If you wanted, tomorrow,
I would bend the cosmos,
Mend the maps,
Speed up time,
And rest besides you.
But I don't know if you'll like that.
Because despite all of that,
My being will continue to remain, in my null island.


Radi
October 2021
Dhaka