2 Biggest Takeaways from 2022

Letting go of Familiar Pain: It can become a place of comfort, returning to things that disappoint me in a predictable way. No expectations, no injury, right? Wrong. Pains are needed, true. But a lot of it can be changed for something new. Something unfamiliar, be it joy or pain. I had to learn creating distance from people, places and habits that kept hurting me, even though I was comfortable with it.
 
Example: I made a habit of waking up by 6am on all weekdays this year. Something I never did in the prior 8 years. This made the space for a new habit of meeting up old friends and colleagues more frequently after work, and on weekends, instead of just catching up over social media. I am so happy with the results.
 
Jab Jab Jab, Right Hook: This line by Gary Vee, is the philosophy in business to keep giving and contributing to people (jab, jab, jab), and only asking for something once every few months (right hook), (a bit like a Freemium model). Most people will never return my favours at the same level. When I think deeply, I also failed to reciprocate how much most people did for me so far, which only become apparent too late. Trying to match these levels is a losing battle, taking anyone to a downward spiral in terms of contribution. It is much better to cultivate a habit of giving, with discretion and focus, asking something when needed, and revisit the giving policy for the next stage.
 
Example: There were months where I had nothing of value to offer to anyone, and thankfully, many came forward, some without even my right hook act of asking. Maybe, they were working on THEIR jab, jab, jab.

Jab away in 2023. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.

Radi
31 December 2022
Photo from earlier today.