Silence

Midnight by DilekGenc


I have been awfully silent for a while now. I no longer feel that I have anything worthy of sharing. All future lies— all feeble conjectures. What is the point? I do not wish to be wrong. But it seems like I always end up being so. My righteous bubble is a myth that keeps on dissolving into thin air.

It has been a long silence. And it may continue to be so. But I have realized now that there can never be a way for me to be sure that I am right. I might as well admit I am wrong but this is what I feel is right at the moment. And what I express matches the tone of my heart. It is without purpose or concern. Its only aim is to go out there, with all its flaws, feeble sense of truth… only to get shattered in due time. But until then, I want my message to have a life of its own, be it right or wrong.

It is said wise people are the most silent. But they too need to share their version of wisdom. Otherwise it does not do justice to the gift they have been granted.