Grey

I think one of the biggest lies that popular fiction propagates, is the notion of a world split in two distinct parts. Good vs evil, black vs white, God vs Devil, monster vs hero.
 
I grew up with this sense of always wanting to be on the right side of things. The more I traverse through the ups and downs of life, though, the more I realize that one man's hero is another man's monster. There is no staying on the right side all the time. Most people are grey. A pattern of black and white. Seen differently from each side.

Maybe the fox had to show the same alligator kid seven times to meet an impossible deadline, maybe shakchunni had her reasons to be upset, and maybe Suorani was just tired of having to share her family. Makes sense.

At times, I am not on the right side of things, even from my own perspective. I have come to accept it. Be less troubled by it. I am not living in a fictional world of extremes. This is the grey world.

Radi
Dhaka
7 April 2023