From social media - Friendship Day post - how my friends have shaped my life

Today is Friendship Day - a day I never ever notice.

I was thinking about it for quite some time, how our Friends inevitably influence much of who we become and where we end up. That got me thinking, why don't I put together how my life today have been shaped by all of my Friends.

Without Abdullah Al Maruf, I think I would still have very little understanding of our basic science lessons in school. He is a genius who could make complex things seem easy.
I switched school to St. Joseph thanks to the insistence from Yasin Arafat, and this place really taught me how to deal with authority figures better than any other place. I struggled with vocabulary in the new school every day where Nadim Ferdous was a tremendous help with his father's exhaustive list of all the words we needed to learn in class 8. Shafayat Syed was my insider to all things cool back in the days.
The endless bus journey for Notre Dame College was only made bearable by Nazmus Saquib - his ability to remember all the apartment names in Dhanmondi still amazes me.


Imrul Chowdhury, Raqeb Hasan and Wahedun Nabi Smaran pushed me into IBA, lending their books and convincing me I could get in there, when I myself was not very sure about it. Wasif Khan introduced me to blogging around 2010, something I still continue after 10 years. In some of my toughest times I found Shifat Hasan, Asif Shahriar, Jyoty Dev Nath around to have a meaningless conversations which beyond essential.

In 2012 Rifat Tareq pushed me into buying my first graphics tablet, which forever changed the kind of art I could make. Tanvir Ahmed Khan Tanu introduced me to some of the best books I have ever read, which still helps me get through each day.
When I was having difficulty in getting a job in 2014, Mahbubur Rahman Turza forwarded my CV to the place where I still work after almost 7 years. Farzana Shams is probably the reason why I completed my masters exam with good grades - as I was mostly M.I.A. during the classes. More recently Sabhaa AlSana gave me some of the best advice to keep me grounded.

Maleeha Tarannum Chaytee continues to be a sparring partner for creative ideas, Sajib Das - my insider into the world of the esoteric, Tanay Kumar Roy the one I can ask for all sorts of help from, Kabir Ava, - without whose patient influence over more than a decade I probably would have been far more intolerant about a lot of things.

This of course is not an exhaustive list by any means. But all of you and more have shaped me to become the person I am today, having the life I have now. And I am thankful to every one of you.

Happy Friendship Day!

Radi 
31 July 2020
Dhaka