Forget finding yourself. Start creating yourself.


Forget finding yourself. Start creating yourself.



The narrative of finding yourself is a limiting belief. At least it was for me. I thought my true 'self' was something else and I needed to stay authentic to that. Be the 'self' as I saw it in my head.

Then I realized that no one could really pinpoint this 'self'. I came up a new definition of self: I am the summation of every action I ever take. Every second I am adding a new line to what is me.

Thus my actions did not need to reflect my past, or match perception of the people around me. I could build myself anew everyday without any prejudice. I am the summation of my choices. 70K thoughts per day, 21 grams of soul. I could make each decision in a different hue. This gave me liberty I never knew before. Experiences that I never thought would be there for me. more places and more faces. More joys and more heartaches. And I loved it.

(P.s. maybe you decide less is more. You are free. That's the point. Allow yourself the liberty to build yourself.
So go ahead and forget finding yourself. Start creating yourself.)