How About NOT Staying Connected?

I wish to stay disconnected today. I do not wish today to be another day when I spend hours getting updated about how everyone is having fun or what their latest worries about the world is.

I know it is a historical match, but I wish to be the fool who misses such an event, and tomorrow I won't have anything to contribute when people chat all about it…

“Ahaa, my poor friend, he must be devastated…”
“lol that’s a funny cat!...”
“Too big, no time to read…”
“Woo! Pretty…”
“What! They can’t fire him, must be rumor, let me check all about it…”
“Ah! Let me reply to that…”

Yes I will miss the spicy meaningless daily chatters so very dearly.

art courtesy of http://itsyouforme.deviantart.com/art/Media-Overload-126556442

Rather I will take stock today. I wish to take stock of my body, mind, heart and spirit.

I will work a while, though it might not be very enjoyable, but it is necessary because it gives me enough money. It helps me clean my mind, and enables me to think about other things.

I will learn something new, and make mistakes. I will be frustrated that even kids can do better than me, then I will try again, and again… and I will improve, even if it is the slightest bit.

I will have a nice long talk with someone I like; We will talk and talk, trying to dig deep into each other’s souls, until it feels as if our bones have merged.

And I will write, because that’s a way for me to leave a piece of my soul to be discovered by others. Maybe now, maybe in distant future. I’ll write because I find meaning and hope lying within it.

And after that, I can get back to staying connected.