Remember the Moment


I stared at a single piece of cloud for a long time. More than a minute passed away, I think. Strange.

It felt calm, though there were friends around me, taking pictures and trying to store memories of a time passed well, while that time stayed out of focus.


The soothing music through my ears.
Splatters of water hitting my face, staying there on my glasses as they blurred my view.
The slow rhythm of the boat.

 I had become a vessel of all the feelings and emotions of the world.
All the happiness, sadness, loneliness… but none of the regrets.

And I whispered to myself,
Hold onto this moment, savor it, save it, taste it, memorize it!
For now you know, that for a brief period of time, you connected with the world,
You felt as if you existed for a reason, a reason yet to be discovered.
Do not lose hope... because you are one with all things earthly...
Maybe this is what heaven is like, very earthly.”


"Hold onto this moment, savor it, save it, taste it, memorize it, revisit it!"
I kept on whispering, at the mixture of sadness and happiness, and longing feeling.

I felt as if I transcended, reaching closer to God, yet nearer to earth.

Maybe that is what heaven is like, very earthly.


Remember!

Illustration © author.